There are things we’re all dependent on. Water. Sleep. Sustenance.
But you? You’re dependent on something more than that.
Has anyone told you that you have too much imagination? That the world in your head is bigger than the world outside it?
(Have you ever thought about all those worlds that we imagine? All of the alternate realities? All of the expectations we have that are proved wrong? Where do they go?)
Has anyone told you that you ask too many questions? That you should get your head out of the clouds?
You’re too dependent on ideas. On notions and whimsies and fairy-tales.
I keep remembering the time you took that to heart, the time you said you’d be more serious. And you were more serious. I hated that about you. Get back in your head, I wanted to scream, things are nicer there.
Water, sleep, sustenance and ideas.
- insurance0o0 likes this
- backarapper likes this
- dangatorium likes this
- dougal1989 reblogged this from thedrawbridge
- cheapforklifts likes this
- blurrypicturesandunclearsounds likes this
- rebeccayao reblogged this from thedrawbridge and added:
- sweetnightfall likes this
- cheese-lemonade reblogged this from thedrawbridge
- cheese-lemonade likes this
- lxxepicxxl likes this
- swimmingclub likes this
- aliceundead likes this
- blueskiesbeatinghearts likes this
- This was featured in #Prose
- lessonsfromlayla likes this
- wrapitinwords likes this
- hurryuppleaseitstime likes this
- dressedtodepart likes this
- thedrawbridge posted this